Sunday, April 5, 2015

Name Blankets

My sweet Mama gave me the BEST Easter gift! My Grandma Bert made one of these name blankets for each of her grandkids (and her sister's kids too) and now my mom is making them for her grand babies! My original blanket from my grandma is literally loved to pieces (see pictures to follow) so my Mama surprised me with a new one she made for me! I love it and appreciate her thoughtfulness more than she will ever know.


Each blanket has our names and birth stats. The fabric on the sock is the same fabric that backed my original name blanket.

The dark blue school print trim fabric is the last fabric my grandma purchased before her accident. My mom has added it to all the name blankets she's made since.

My original name blanket from my sweet Grandma Bert



Audrey Anne and her name blanket from my Mama


Audrey's blanket has a matching sock with my original blanket fabric and a piece of Grandma Bert's dark blue school fabric too!


Lillian Elizabeth and the name blanket my Mama made for her. 


Lilly's blanket has a matching sock with my original blanket fabric and a piece of Grandma Bert's dark blue school fabric too!

No comments: