Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Grandma Bert

It was five years ago this morning that Dad called to tell me my Grandma Bert had been in an accident. Sometimes it feels like just yesterday and other times it seems like she's been gone for much longer. There are so many things I miss about her and so many things that make me think of her. I remember tea parties on her sidewalk, the worn Bugs Bunny sleeping bag we always slept in at her house, her candy/snack drawer full of treats, $2 bills mailed to us for special occasions or coffees at college, the numerous times she drove Emily and I around places, and so much more. She was always there for us and didn't miss a single one of our functions or activities. I love her more than she will ever know and I hope she is able to enjoy our spit fire girls from heaven because I know she would totally get a kick out of them. 
Love you to the moon and back Grandma B!


No comments: