Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dr. Seuss Baby Shower

My sister and cousin hosted an amazing Dr. Seuss baby shower for me today! It was so much fun and every detail was planned out perfectly. I could not have asked for a better Saturday afternoon!

My AWESOME Dr. Seuss cake from Emily!


It was red and white inside just like Dr. Seuss' hat :)


The diaper cake.
"Green Eggs and Ham"

"Cat in the Hat" Jello Cups

"One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" Tuna Sandwiches







A big thank you to everyone who was able to make it and special thanks to Emily, Kirsten, my Mom, and Aunt Marva for making it all happen! I love you all more than you know.

8 comments:

Lee Toliver said...

Very nice! Thanks for giving me some great ideas for March's storytime @ the library when we celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday!

Laia said...

So cute! I needed ideas for Dr. Suess theme snacks for my son's prescholl class. How do you make the eggs yolks green? Is it liquid food coloring? Love all these ideas!

Miranda Johnson said...

Thanks! It was a super fun shower. My sister just used liquid food coloring for the eggs and the tuna sandwiches. Hope you both have a wonderful Dr. Seuss week.

Terumi said...

what a fantastic cake! That's amazing!

Joanne said...

What an AWeSOME idea for a baby shower! So cute!

Ashley said...

Hi, THis is so cute! I love that cake.
I am doing a dr. seuss party for my daughter and I saw the red jello cups on pinterest and want to make them. Did you scoop the red jello in between the whip cream Or did you somehow pour it on before it thickened? :)

Miranda Johnson said...

I think my sister just scooped the red jello into the cups. :)

ediapercakes said...

Your 5 tiered diaper cake is just really adorable.